- Commands serve as placeholders to help us do what we want to do until we want to do it.
- There is a BIG difference between what catches your eye and what captures your heart.
- Authority requires restrictions.
- What we see affects the condition of our heart.
- Our heart is forged by what we encounter.
- Freedom comes from discipline and endurance.
- We become free by becoming a slave.
- You’re only free to the point you are willing to submit to God’s authority.
- For better or worse, our lives are always expressing what is inside.
- Most of our lives are spent responding to the things that catch our eyes.
- Freedom is found when we focus on who we are and let the One who defines us define our days.
- Obedience from the heart takes time.
- As our hearts are changed, we are free to live out as we were made.
- Restrictions are liberating because they help us see what we truly want and desire.
- Freedom comes from discipline and endurance so when the time comes we will be free to respond in obedience naturally.
- Our heart always follows our obedience.
- When our picture of God grows clearer, our obedience becomes more consistent.
- He is always pointing us towards the way of freedom.
September 27, 2016