- In order for your heart to be captured, it must first be available.
- We aren’t available to surrender because we serve other masters.
- We want God’s ways, but on our terms.
- We desire God’s vision just as long as it lines up with our perspective.
- We are experts at looking for exactly what we want to see. We use our mind to either find truth or hide truth.
- When we find truth but don’t like it’s implications, we disregard and dismiss it.
- When God captures your heart, His commands become irrelevant. Obedience becomes an expression.
- God doesn’t want “grin and bear it” heartless obedience.
- We pretend that we are unsure and claim there isn’t enough evidence to submit. But, the truth is we don’t want to submit.
- If you can convince yourself God is not real, you will always have a reason why you can disobey Him.
- We use our mind to either find truth or hide truth.
- The lens we use to view the world shapes our response to it.
- If we feel there isn’t enough evidence to believe in God, our eyes will search for everything to confirm this point.
- We all establish a standard by which we measure truth. More often than not, the standard we use is ourselves.
- Obedience doesn’t automatically equal a heart that is in step with God.
- The one thing God wants from us is the very thing we can hide from everybody else- our motives.
- It’s through the renewal of our mind that our heart gets transformed.
October 4, 2016