It’s time to respond.
Here is how you can contribute:
IF YOU WANT TO SERVE…
RECOVERY & CLEAN-UP
Samaritan’s Purse is on the ground at all of our locations and is ready to quickly prepare and mobilize volunteers to help with disaster relief and clean-up. Hundreds of volunteers needed! If you are able to serve, you can register online HERE or you can contact the representative in your area below:
Jacksonville – Call (910) 515-8639
Leland – Call (910) 520-1375
New Bern – Call (252) 725-5616
Wilmington – Call (910) 520-1375
Note- at our Wilmington Campus you can show up Monday-Saturday at 7:15 am or 12:15 pm for a short volunteer orientation and then will be sent out to work!
If you are interested in helping to serve Samaritan’s Purse staff and volunteers additionally at our Wilmington Campus, you could also consider serving in these ways:
- Kitchen Helpers (Morning shift 5-7AM, Afternoon shift between 3-5PM) We need assistance with food prep, meal set-up, clean-up. Looking for 1-2 volunteers, preferably those who would be willing to commit to several days in a row
- General Clean Up (Between 8AM-5PM) Performing general cleaning chores (ie. vacuuming, garbage, showers, tables) 1-2 volunteers per day.
- Outside Help (Between 8AM-5PM) There is an occasional need for help outside (general clean-up, re-stocking trailers, garbage)
- Baking (any time!) We would appreciate baked goods for our incredible volunteers!
If you are interested in helping in these areas, please contact is firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
ADDITIONALLY IN WILMINGTON:
- The Harrelson Center – is a Wilmington local non-profit organization that needs help unloading trucks and sorting donation supplies. In an effort to be more effective in their use of volunteers, they are asking you to sign up in advance to help out at their warehouse at 921 Princess Street (using 9th St entrance) to unload and sort supplies. They have plenty of opportunities to help Monday-Friday, 12:00 – 2:00 PM. Those wishing to volunteer should sign up HERE!
- Vigilant Hope- is a local non-profit committed to Gospel centered love in our community, working specifically with individuals experiencing homelessness. is a local nonprofit that works with Wilmington is in need or organizers to help organize and distribute supplies. The schedule is flexible so simply email email@example.com if interested!
- The Good Shepherd- If you are desiring to serve on site at the Good Shepherd needs include: yard debri removal at the main shelter, help rebuilding the fence at the Veterans Housing facility and help with purchasing and planting trellis vines at the main shelter. —– To serve in any capacity with The Good Shepherd simply email Liz at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Furniture Finders- To serve with Furniture Finders as a Provision Partner email email@example.com.
IF YOU ARE ABLE TO GIVE…
Our Church continues to operate in areas where residents in all four of our campus communities have been affected by Hurricane Florence. We are asking for you to help us continue to help our cities! A financial donation allows us to respond to the most immediate needs of our communities as the needs continue to arise. Together, we can be positioned to advance God’s Kingdom in the wake of Hurricane Florence!
If you would like more information, you can go HERE. If you would like to support the ministry of Port City Community Church, please click below to give.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE SUPPLIES…
If you are looking to donate housing, services, or gift cards to individuals/families in need, we would love to help make sure your donation gets to the people who need them most! Please submit your donation description HERE.
If you would like to donate relief supplies, here is a current list of local organizations that you can deliver to in Wilmington!
- The Harrelson Center is looking for the following: allergy and Headache Medications, bug spray, canned fruit, canned pasta & protein, canned sauce, DampRid, mosquito dunks, storage boxes-plastic, Shockwave Cleaning product.
- (no clothing is being accepted)
- The Good Shepherd is a local non-profit providing shelter to the vulnerable and housing to Veterans as well as meals to residents. Currently the Good Shepherd is collecting: heavy duty bike locks, earplugs, ace bandages, neosporin, bras, adult size backpacks, and medium size duffel bags.
- Furniture Finders has partnered with the House of Provision to collect gently used and new furniture in order to help individuals and families displaced by the storm. To donate furniture, lamps, accessories, sheets (bundled and labeled), and kitchenwares (no appliances or clothes)- 6832-4 Market Street [Former Roses Department Store in Ogden]. Donation times are 1-4pm! If you would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Cross Creek Community is in critical need. They are collecting plastic rubbermaid style containers as well as heavy duty black containers that can be stacked. They are also in need of Gatorade and Plywood/drywall/screws/nails and any other building materials. To donate goods and participate in serving this community please email Greg at: email@example.com
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL WAYS TO SERVE…
There are two great ways that you can serve anywhere at anytime!
- PRAYER– The power of prayer is real and we have seen that it has the power to change lives. Please join us in praying for the waters to recede, for our first responders as they tirelessly serve, and for those who have lost so much from this storm. Prayer is an active way for us to help, no matter where you are!
- LEVERAGE YOUR VOICE– At all of our PC3 locations, we are partnering with local churches, organizations, and government programs to relieve our region in the most effective way possible- while also shining the hope and love of Christ to everyone we can! One of the most helpful things you can do is to help spread the word about what we are doing. An easy way to leverage your voice is to leverage your social media platforms! Here are a few ways you can help share the work we are doing through PC3!