Birth through Pre-K
What is Grow Zone
Grow Zone is Port City Community Church’s birth through Pre-K ministry. Here is everything you need to know about Grow Zone’s commitment to caring for and teaching your children. We’ve compiled a list of helpful details and tips so that you feel prepared and informed when interacting with our dedicated staff and volunteers.
What We Value
We work with families to teach our littlest ones the basic truths of who God is. Whether we’re rocking tiny babies or singing worship songs with four-year-olds, everything we do reflects these four truths:
God made me
God loves me
Jesus wants to be my friend forever
The Bible is God’s story and everything in it is true
What to Expect
It’s always comforting to know what to expect, especially when it comes to your children. Here is some information that should help you feel confident and comfortable as you leave your child in our care.
We open doors 20 minutes prior to each service. Also, in order to keep Grow Zone a safe and productive place, entrance doors will remain closed 15 minutes after the service begins.
We Have Fun
Kids love fun! We realize that when children have fun at church, they can’t wait to come back. We value creating fun ways for children to learn about Jesus through games, crafts, storytelling, and music.
Safety is Essential
- All of our volunteers are background checked
- No volunteer is ever alone with a child
- Our Safety Team ensures that no one gets into Grow Zone who shouldn’t be there
- Every classroom has designated ratios and/or maximum capacities to ensure quality of care
- If you are needed at any time, we will page you by placing your child’s number up on the screen during service. If you see your child’s number, please return to Grow Zone immediately.
We are Clean
- Kids are people. And people carry germs. But the good news is that the people at our classroom doors also carry antibacterial wipes, so each child’s hands get a good wipe down before they come in to play.
- All of our toys and hard surfaces get cleaned between services with organic, nontoxic all-purpose cleaner.
- We adhere to a Well-Child policy that requires children to be free of fever for 24 hours before entering Grow Zone.
We are More Than Daycare
Starting at age 2, children are actively engaged in curriculum that shows them God’s love for them. This means that every story, craft, song, and game is tailored to teach your child about the wonderful love and miracles of our great God. We desire to create relationships between the volunteers and the children that go beyond just daycare.
Legacy is a celebration service designed to help you mark the moment where you consecrate and dedicate your child and yourselves to the purposes God has established for your family! It’s a special time to round up your friends and family and focus on the calling God has entrusted you with—raising your children. We are excited to partner with you and help mark this moment for your family!
Registration is required to attend Legacy.Learn More
[tribe_events_list category=”legacy” venue=”yes”]